BREAKING: Taylor Decker Signs 3-Year $60MM Extention For The Detroit Lions

Lions Nation Unite
Detroit Lions general manager Brad Holmes told local radio station 97.1 The Ticket Monday morning that left tackle Taylor Decker has signed a three-year extension with the team. Decker was entering the final year of his deal, but now he’ll be signed through the 2027 season.

“Deck has been a key cog of what we’ve been building what we’ve been doing,” Holmes said. “His leadership, his professionalism, he’s a guy that really embraced our culture, so he’s a big part of what we do. It all starts up front with the offensive line, as we all know, so just really, really happy that we were able to get that one done, and happy for Deck and his family.”

UPDATE: The deal is reportedly worth three years for $60 million with nearly $32 million guaranteed, according to his agency.

Last week, we asked Decker is there was any progress made with contract talks, and the left tackle was optimistic about progress.

“I’m hoping to hear fairly soon, but as far as like anything of numbers, substance, I haven’t had too much,” Decker said. “I will say, it’s something that I am hopeful of, I mean, I’ve even gone up and I had some conversations with Dan during OTAs just to talk to him about it. I feel good about the messaging.”

The Lions have spent the offseason rewarding their own players. They handed out mega-extensions to Amon-Ra St. Brown, Penei Sewell, and Jared Goff. With Decker’s deal now done, the Lions’ tackle bookends are now tied up for the foreseeable future.
#Lions #LionsNews #TaylorDecker

Articles You May Like

Detroit Lions considering offensive line mix up in 2025
Open thread: Where would you like to see the Lions play an international game?
2025 POD Community Mock: With the 8th pick, the Panthers select…
Notes: NFL can now flex Thursday night games with shorter notice
POD Community Mock: With the 1st overall pick, the Titans select…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *